Arthritis pain can ruin your day. It can suddenly flare up and cause you excruciating soreness that stops you in your tracks. This pain originates from inflammation in your joints. The more inflamed your joints become, the more pain you experience. Thankfully, there are actions you can take that will significantly reduce your joint pain. Below are some anti-inflammatory recipes to reduce joint pain.
The key element of reducing joint pain is having an anti-inflammatory diet. There are anti-inflammatory recipes to reduce joint pain.
When you eat plenty of foods that help reduce joint pain, you are reducing the inflammation in your joints. Something as simple as changing your diet can have an incredibly positive effect on your physical well-being.
What can be considered an anti-inflammatory diet? It would be a diet that has the following types of foods:
- Olive Oil
- Whole Grains
These categories contain a wide array of foods that you can use in anti-inflammatory recipes to reduce joint pain. To help you get started on reducing your joint pain naturally, here are four recipes to reduce joint inflammation.
Chicken & Quinoa Seasoned With Turmeric
Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory that can help to significantly reduce joint inflammation, especially when taken with black pepper. Here’s how to make a delicious chicken and quinoa dish with turmeric.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat the olive oil in a dutch oven using medium heat. Season it with turmeric and stir it around, quickly placing the chicken into it.
- Cook the chicken until it becomes golden brown. Cook each side for the same amount of time.
- Toss the onion and ginger into your pan and stir when needed.
- After about 8 minutes, stir in garlic, tomatoes, cumin, curry, and quinoa.
- Keep stirring for 3 minutes.
- Take out the chicken to shred it and then return it to the pan.
- Include bay leaves and chicken broth, letting it come to a simmer.
- Cover the pan and place it on low heat for 25 minutes, before removing it and letting it sit for a few minutes before serving.
Thai Pumpkin Soup
Pumpkin is a great source of a potent anti-inflammatory known as beta-cryptoxanthin. This makes it an ideal candidate for adding it to your anti-inflammatory diet. Here’s how you can make your very own Thai pumpkin soup.
- Cook the curry paste under medium heat in a big saucepan until it begins releasing its aroma. Stir in some chicken or vegetable broth, along with pumpkin puree, and stir everything.
- Once the mixture is bubbling, splash in some coconut milk and keep cooking until the soup is hot.
- Turn off the heat and serve.
Oatmeal is packed with antioxidants, which can aid in reducing the inflammatory response in your joints that gives you pain. Here’s a great breakfast recipe that can be part of your anti-inflammatory diet.
- Add a cup of oats into a pot with 4 cups of water.
- Bring it to a simmer and keep stirring.
- Add 1/4 tsp of each of the following: coriander, cloves, ginger, allspice, and cardamom, as well as 1/8 tsp of nutmeg and 1 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon.
- After the mixture is done cooking, take it off the stove and add a dash of maple syrup to taste.
Lemon Basil Baked Garlic Butter Salmon
Salmon is a great fish to include in an anti-inflammatory diet, given its omega-3 fatty acids can reduce the inflammation in your joints. To get the most benefits out of this recipe, use wild-caught salmon as opposed to farmed varieties. Here’s how you can make your own delicious anti-inflammatory salmon.
- Preheat your oven to 375 F degrees.
- Roll out some aluminum foil and add a salmon filet on top of it.
- Place the butter, garlic, basil, and red pepper flakes into a saucepan, putting it on low heat and stirring occasionally.
- Drizzle the sauce over the filet.
- Wrap the foil up, completely enclosing the seasoned salmon.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes.
- Broil for one or two minutes.
- Remove from the oven, squeezing some lemon on top of the filet, before serving.
Wrapping Up our Anti-Inflammatory Recipes to Reduce Joint Pain
These are some delicious anti-inflammatory recipes that will take your joint pain away while nourishing you with tasty meals. To enhance the benefits that an anti-inflammatory diet provides, you can also take a natural joint supplement, such as JointFuel360. This supplement in particular also contains potent anti-inflammatories like turmeric and black pepper, as well as other powerful ingredients like resveratrol, which is an antioxidant. You no longer have to deal with the pain that can come from arthritis-related joint pain, simply by changing what you eat.