With the entire world dealing with a pandemic known as COVID-19 that has effectively shut down borders, many are staying at home and self-isolating. Staying at home, also now known as social distancing, is the best way to do our part in preventing ourselves from infection. We need to help “flatten the curve” and stop this virus from spreading.
Staying at home can lead to cabin fever if you don’t know how to occupy your time in a healthy way. Thankfully, there’s a great hobby you can take on: indoor gardening.
Indoor gardening brings you many of the benefits of outdoor gardening, except you don’t have to be concerned about the weather or wearing down your joints too much. It’s the perfect antidote to going stir crazy in your home while you are in self-quarantine.
How Indoor Gardening Reduces Stress
The beauty of gardening, including indoor gardening, is that you benefit in several ways. Here are the ways indoor gardening reduces stress:
- It increases your mental focus and mindfulness. You can be fully present with your plants and enjoy the peace the experience provides you.
- It reduces the production of cortisol, which is a hormone your body produces when you are stressed.
- Your heart rate gets reduced and you are able to think more clearly.
- You become more creative and get into a flow state.
- You are exposed to the color green, which has been proven to have a relaxing effect on the mind.
- You get to enjoy the satisfaction of seeing your garden flourish. You may even get to harvest some herbs, fruits, or vegetables!
Indoor Gardening Without Joint Pain
Most people, especially the older they get, deal with joint pain. It’s one of the reasons people who would like to garden avoid doing so. However, thanks to indoor gardening requiring less physical strain on the body, any joint pain will be less than what outdoor gardening would result in.
While there is less joint pain involved with indoor gardening, you will still have to bend down or extend up, depending on where your plants are. This will result in pain in your knees, elbows, back, and other areas.
Thankfully, you can get rid of much of the pain you feel in your joints by taking a joint supplement. By delivering powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents into your body, you can melt away any pain you would normally experience with indoor gardening.
A great all-natural joint supplement is JointFuel360. This supplement is easy to take on a daily basis and should be something you take anyway. However, if you are into indoor gardening, it will help alleviate the joint pain that comes all too often with physical activities such as that, especially in older people. The combination of anti-inflammatories like black pepper extract and turmeric, as well as antioxidants like resveratrol, ensure that you can enjoy your indoor gardening pain-free.
There’s a few other ways you can reduce your joint pain while indoor gardening. You can do the following:
- Use lighter tools to reduce unnecessary strain on your body.
- Invest in electric tools instead of using manual ones, whenever possible.
- Use knees pads, chairs, benches, and other accessories that can prevent joint pain.
When you follow all of the suggestions above, you should never have trouble with joint pain while indoor gardening. It will be worth the small investment you make, to ensure you can enjoy this rewarding and stress-reducing hobby without any physical pain.
Given the COVID-19 global pandemic requiring self-isolation to protect ourselves, we need to shift our focus to activities that can be done safely and in the comfort of our own homes. Indoor gardening is one such activity that is a great way to relieve the stress from your daily life and forget about the global issues in the world like COVID-19 for a while. Thanks to powerful joint supplements like JointFuel360, you can enjoy indoor gardening without experiencing any pain, no matter how old you are. Enjoy the sense of accomplishment, while reducing your stress, by taking up indoor gardening as your new self-isolation hobby.